Every year, the Oxford tennis teams have the enviable opportunity to travel on tour to amazing locations during the Easter Vacation. The tour provides invaluable preparation for the Varsity Match in Trinity term as it involves vital training and matches, both singles and doubles, against local clubs and universities. The tour also cements a strong team spirit, another essential ingredient going into the Varsity Match, as the team bonds on and off the court.
The trips are always unforgettable and offer the teams an insight into different cultures and styles of play. In recent years, players have been lucky enough to be able to travel to the likes of Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Florida, Peru, Spain and Germany. Most recently, in 2015 the Men's and Women's Blues Teams travelled to the United States, where they trained and played a series of friendlies against local clubs in Florida. Last year, the Men's Seconds and Thirds also embarked on a tour to Alicante in Spain where they trained for 4 hours a day with the former professional tennis player Christophe Rochus at Las Colinas resort.
The club provides the teams with as much funding as possible to finance such trips. In addition to this, the club has been fortunate enough to secure tour funding from a series of generous companies and individuals for which we are immensely grateful. We hope that these tours can continue for many years to come as they offer experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reports on some of our recent tours can be found using the links below.
- 2016 Blues - Lisbon and the Algarve, Portugal
- 2015 Blues - Melbourne, Florida, USA
- 2014 Blues - Bangkok, Thailand
- 2013 Blues - Cape Town, South Africa
- 2012 Blues - Melbourne, Florida, USA
- 2011 Blues - Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2010 Blues - Cannes, France
- 2009 Blues - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2008 Women's Blues - Lima, Peru
- 2008 Men's Blues - Bangkok, Thailand
- 2007 Blues - Melbourne, Florida, USA